Here in the UK, we can get a pretty good deal when it comes to data allowances on our mobile devices. This can come in really handy when you are using a laptop on the move. Tethering to my iPhone and using it’s data connection really helps me whenever I need to commute into London.
In fact, I use it so often, I’ve even created a Launch Centre Pro action which I access via 3D Touch from my dock!
For those of you who are unaware, Launch Centre Pro is a shortcut launcher on iOS. It can help speed up everyday tasks with simple shortcuts (think of a Speed Dial for apps!). As I activate the Personal Hotspot at least twice a day, it’s prime for some LCP hacking.
1) Open Launch Centre Pro and press the pencil icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen. You will see any spare grid spaces replaced with plus signs. Click on the one that will hold the Personal Hotspot shortcut.
2) Select Action on the resulting pop-up
3) Select Action Composer
4) Select System Actions
5) Once you’ve had an eyeful of all the goodies that you can setup after this tutorial(!), scroll down to Settings, then down to Personal Hotspot
6) If you wish, you can change some parameters, such as the Name or Iconamongst others. When happy, click Done in the top right-hand corner.
7) Click Done once more and you have a shortcut that you can launch directly from Launch Centre Pro. Happy Days.
If you want to launch your new shortcut directly from the 3D Touch menu of your iPhone, then you need to configure it as a Quick Action and this is very simple to do.
- Open Launch Centre Pro and click the gear icon in the top left-hand corner
- Select Quick Actions
- Click Add Action and navigate to your newly created shortcut.
Now you can access your Personal Hotspot directly from a force press of the Launch Centre Pro icon.